What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.3 v Broncos

Frankus

Juniors
AC joint injuries can be extremely painful and problematic when it comes to lifting your arm. And given they are on the top of the shoulder, pretty important for someone like Fish. Give him a couple of weeks. No need to needle him up this early in the season.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
What I did see was that Gus was watching intensely , I expect more news of Panthers juniors signing with them later in the year
Sadly that was Gus doing his job. If on the off chance Tiny re-signs,, along with Suniva. We will lose at least one of those players.

What concerning me a little is SG ball and Harold Matts both teams appear to be struggling a little.

Is it because they are young for the team or just a crook crop of juniors.

murraymob

Coach
Sadly that was Gus doing his job. If on the off chance Tiny re-signs,, along with Suniva. We will lose at least one of those players.

What concerning me a little is SG ball and Harold Matts both teams appear to be struggling a little.

You only need 2 out of that lot to get to first grade .The averages are little for how many juniors actually kick on

betcats

Referee

I cant say for sure but im hoping its because we have a number of the better kids playing up a grade. Still we should never be struggling so much at hm and sg ball level.

Thankfully Flegg and a fairly young cup side are going really well, it takes the edge off a little bit.

Iamback

Coach
I cant say for sure but im hoping its because we have a number of the better kids playing up a grade. Still we should never be struggling so much at hm and sg ball level.

Thankfully Flegg and a fairly young cup side are going really well, it takes the edge off a little bit.

Yeah we are a different Ball team with a fit Edgar and McLean. We lost a few like Pollard is a decent 7 but it is hard because Cleary is going to be around for a while.

Not just Flegg. NSW Cup has a few who were Ball age last year, The club is here to develop NRL players not win lower grade comps.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I was thinking it was possibly the case. Thanks for the info.

I agree about the flegg players.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yeah we are a different Ball team with a fit Edgar and McLean. We lost a few like Pollard is a decent 7 but it is hard because Cleary is going to be around for a while.

Not just Flegg. NSW Cup has a few who were Ball age last year, The club is here to develop NRL players not win lower grade comps.

So a completely different mindset.

Iamback

Coach
So a completely different mindset.

I am sure they would love to be winning comps but that isn't always possible. A lot comes to the kid.

Jesse McLean has played FG, Still could be in SG Ball. It makes zero sense from a player development point of view to do that, If you want another trophy then you would.

Jack Cole played FG the year he was still SG Ball age.

Tago jumped Flegg.

So we have done it with some success, We are seeing more because our depth are signing elsewhere

Crashtest

Juniors
Ivan doing Ivan things
Like building a high performing culture that wins 3 premierships in a row? I for one hope Ivan keeps doing Ivan things.

When someone else in NSW Cup is showing they deserve a place as next man up more than Eiso, Ivan will pick them over him. Just like he did with Smith and Henry. But until then, he will make Geyer, Riki, Lisati etc earn that spot.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Like building a high performing culture that wins 3 premierships in a row? I for one hope Ivan keeps doing Ivan things.

When someone else in NSW Cup is showing they deserve a place as next man up more than Eiso, Ivan will pick them over him. Just like he did with Smith and Henry. But until then, he will make Geyer, Riki, Lisati etc earn that spot.

He got 18 mins in Round 1.

I can't see him getting much more this week, So it is minimal minutes at home. Perfect time to debut someone.

NSW Cup are 2/2 they have guys going well in several positions so lets not pretend the side is full of bums

WestyLife

First Grade
He got 18 mins in Round 1.

I can't see him getting much more this week, So it is minimal minutes at home. Perfect time to debut someone.

NSW Cup are 2/2 they have guys going well in several positions so lets not pretend the side is full of bums

Fish also not being out long term helps a young bloke get a few minutes and drop back in a week or two and be better for the experience. Eisenhuth would make sense havibg to hold down a position longer term with his experience.

Iamback

Coach
Fish also not being out long term helps a young bloke get a few minutes and drop back in a week or two and be better for the experience. Eisenhuth would make sense havibg to hold down a position longer term with his experience.

Yep or during Origin when we have a stack of young guys.

In this case especially as Garner will likely come on and push Sorro to prop for a stint.