What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v NZW

Iamback

Coach
Luai is the Game 1 NSW 5/8, you need to prepare yourself for the realisation that you’re horrible at assessing how a team is going.

Nicho will be in the 14.

Bennett is showing why Nicho isn't an Origin starter. Getting a bath defensively so far

GongPanther

Referee
Sharks are getting butted, which is good for us if they go on with it. Wonder what Fuxsports have to say about Rothfield's golden boy Haynes. LOL!

Whino

Bench
The Good.

We won.
An improved performance completion wise from last week. 95% first half. 85% by FT.
Our defence.
SJ. His last tackle options were poor enough to relieve pressure on us.
Spencer. I wish you were staying

The Disappointing.

The Attack.
On a dry track, against an opposition that lost 3 players to injury, lost two players to sin binning. And were buggered the last 20 minutes. It was disappointing to only score 3 tries with such a glut of possession.
We bombed a few tries again but the biggest disappointment was 5th tackles options. Clueless at times. Shades of 2019 Imo.

Why wasn't Luke on in the first half? If Ivan persists with Kenny he can at least get Luke on before HT. At least 10-15 minutes before HT.
I really don't like the way he has been used at times this year.

The Bad.

Peach =Terrible. Surely we have someone else that can cover Tago's spot for a few weeks other than Peach.

Garner better play reserve grade tomorrow. If not the last 2 weeks have been a waste for him.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The Good.

We won.
An improved performance completion wise from last week. 95% first half. 85% by FT.
Our defence.
SJ. His last tackle options were poor enough to relieve pressure on us.
Spencer. I wish you were staying

The Disappointing.

The Attack.
On a dry track, against an opposition that lost 3 players to injury, lost two players to sin binning. And were buggered the last 20 minutes. It was disappointing to only score 3 tries with such a glut of possession.
We bombed a few tries again but the biggest disappointment was 5th tackles options. Clueless at times. Shades of 2019 Imo.

Why wasn't Luke on in the first half? If Ivan persists with Kenny he can at least get Luke on before HT. At least 10-15 minutes before HT.
I really don't like the way he has been used at times this year.

The Bad.

Peach =Terrible. Surely we have someone else that can cover Tago's spot for a few weeks other than Peach.

Garner better play reserve grade tomorrow. If not the last 2 weeks have been a waste for him.
The decision not to give a quality kid a run for Tago over 5 or 6 weeks is really bad coaching. I'd cop Peach to fill in for a week but this is really bad management

Panfa

Juniors
The positive today we got the 2 pts and we didnt suffer any other serious injuries.The negative our attack is absolutely rubbish.Twice they had 12 men and we went for goal and took 4 hit ups and a kick for every set instead of going wide and stretching there defence.Either ivan has gone backwards in his coaching this yr or his 2 assistants are hopeless.Garner needs to come in for either luke or kenny this 2 hooker bullshit is killing the team.1 bad hooker is better than 2 bad hookers.We lack size and we are picking 2 midgets.Im happy for turuva to get dropped and go with jenkins or mclean on the other wing but im pretty sure mclean is injured end of rant.

Iamback

Coach
Tom Turbo is done this year. Manly need to let him heal properly.

He is like Ponga will play rep over club. Either way Graham will come in without him.

Hynes coming on in the middle late in each half is the best of both worlds

MugaB

Coach
Dolphins is basically the QLD side without marquee guys like munster and grant etc...
They just towelled up nicho just on effort... i wouldn't be throwing out luai with the bath water, just coz nicho has had a good patch of form, he has never put on a sky blue jersey, need to let him ease into it, plus see how nathan and luai go in game one..
Remember its a 3 game series that gets thrown together very quickly, combinations are very important

The Realist

Juniors
Nathans form is a huge concern. He is always good defensively but in his main role and that is organising the side in attack he has been poor.

Rewatch the last 7 minutes of the 1st half and large passages of the 2nd half. Absolutely clueless and rudderless. Getting caught with the ball with absolutely nothing doing. Passes to a bloke on the 5th who will get tackled 99.9999% of the time. Just absolute shocking really. He has regressed so much from the last 3 years it's truly concerning.

People are saying that Luai is out of form, and he sort of is but he also isn't getting decent ball in decent spots and that is in large part due to Nathans poor form.

Once again our pack was giving away easy metres at times. In the 2nd half we were camped on the Warriors try line when Yeo knocked on 10 metres out. Warriors with a man down managed 60-70 metres and got a goal line drop out. That shouldn't happen.

Speaking of goal line drop outs, are the Panthers the absolute worst team at defending short kick offs/drop outs? We have been poor for years in this aspect but with teams doing it far more often now it has become a serious thorn in our side.

My wife came and watched the game part of the way in the 2nd half. After watching for 10 minutes she asked "What is wrong with us"? My only answer for her was "We just aren't the same team anymore".

I think that sums it up really. That 2020-2022 team is dead. Trying to 'revive' it is a futile cause. It needs to be re-invented.

mxlegend99

Referee
There's honestly no advantage in forcing goal line drop outs anymore. Especially not for us. Teams go short and have the advantage in knowing where and how they're kicking. Meaning they have a slightly better than 50% chance at getting it back.

Forcing drop outs and dominating field position and possession was the reason we could dominate so consistently.

But that footy isn't possible anymore. I don't celebrate when we force drop outs anymore because it doesnt mean we're getting the ball back.

Oddly its not even a rule change. Teams just slowly started doing it. With decent success and other teams copied. We tend to only do it if we need tge ball. But some clubs like Souths, Eels etc. Will do it every single time

Latest posts