What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.3 v Broncos

globalpanther

Juniors
You know Huth will be the man 25 mins of just plodding along
He’s ok when he starts. He’s awful off bench. If he can do a job for 25 mins I’ll deal with it.
In 2022 he & Fish played from Rd1 2-10 from memory & he did ok job. We don’t need world beater just safe for 25 mins. LSmith needs to step up.

maple_69

Bench
Ivan has also previously opted to leave guys playing there role when an injury occurs rather than re-shuffling. Smith started those three games last year when Leniu was out (Huth was on the bench) although that was to get Moses to the bench for team balance which isn’t an option here.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Ummmm… learnt from 4 top finishes in a row… Minor Primerships… 3 Premierships in a row….

Remind me again how badly picking Huth has hurt us??
He's not up to playing prop in the NRL. He's been fantastic when replacing Yeo at lock.

If he really must play then he should start and play 20 then hit the showers

Munky

Coach
Is JFH being gone for upto three months the first real long term injury to the 'big 3' starting middles?

Be interesting to see if the team can keep the intensity for the period he is out.

Having two Origin ineligible rep quality starting props has been a massive boon for the side.

Iamback

Coach
He’s ok when he starts. He’s awful off bench. If he can do a job for 25 mins I’ll deal with it.
In 2022 he & Fish played from Rd1 2-10 from memory & he did ok job. We don’t need world beater just safe for 25 mins. LSmith needs to step up.

I just thing with such a young Cup team it is a wasted chance to not give a rookie those 20 mins.

Yes 1 stint from Huth shouldn't cost us a game

Luke Bowden

First Grade
He's not up to playing prop in the NRL. He's been fantastic when replacing Yeo at lock.

If he really must play then he should start and play 20 then hit the showers
Personally I’d go with Liam Henry, but I’ve got no real issues with Huth doing it.

As long as they are strong in defence, we will be fine.

Iamback

Coach
Personally I’d go with Liam Henry, but I’ve got no real issues with Huth doing it.

As long as they are strong in defence, we will be fine.

We have had this discussion before, I think Henry is very much like Huth in your start him or not play him.

My middle rotation would be:

Henry
Leota
Smith
Sorro

That leaves options to blood someone on bench, who we will need to cover Martin during Origin

Luke Bowden

First Grade
We have had this discussion before, I think Henry is very much like Huth in your start him or not play him.

My middle rotation would be:

Henry
Leota
Smith
Sorro

That leaves options to blood someone on bench, who we will need to cover Martin during Origin
I don’t really see the resemblance between Huth and Henry

Iamback

Coach
I'm just tired of hearing about him because who his dad is.

You don't get to this level without skill, He got further than his older brother did. So there is clearly something there. Not sure it is regular

NSW Cup play on Foxtel next week, 1st time most people asking for him to play would of seen him play

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Neither really bends the line back
Both will tackle non stop though and rarely miss tackles.

Perfect for starting, Not sure it does much off the bench
You keep saying that, but from what I’ve seen, I’d say that all of our front rowers run very similarly. I guess that their post contact meters would be very similar.

I’m really happy with what lve seen from Henry and Smith off the bench thus year. Especially considering it’s only round two. I predicting it would take a month for Henry in particular to find his feet.

Munky

Coach
No Herbie, Flogler and potentially Haas from the GF.

That's the grind from their side gone.

Still plenty of flair. Need to bomb Walsh with floaters and hit him hard, make him commit to the tough stuff.

BxTom

Bench
Is JFH being gone for upto three months the first real long term injury to the 'big 3' starting middles?

Be interesting to see if the team can keep the intensity for the period he is out.

Having two Origin ineligible rep quality starting props has been a massive boon for the side.
Somebody said that there was video/photo of Fish being hit off of the ball by Moses. Has anyone got a link?

MugaB

Coach
No Herbie, Flogler and potentially Haas from the GF.

That's the grind from their side gone.

Still plenty of flair. Need to bomb Walsh with floaters and hit him hard, make him commit to the tough stuff.
Wont matter if we cannot get our attack sorted, we bombed heaps of tries lately, we were very clunky, and poor ol daine laurie got all of 1 min

murraymob

Coach
Hass being out would be huge massive work rate .Reynold not so much of a big out has been average this year