What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.3 v Broncos

Iamback

Coach
You keep saying that, but from what I’ve seen, I’d say that all of our front rowers run very similarly. I guess that their post contact meters would be very similar.

I’m really happy with what lve seen from Henry and Smith off the bench thus year. Especially considering it’s only round two. I predicting it would take a month for Henry in particular to find his feet.

They do and that my issue with the way the side is construction to many of the same style.

Moses adds hitting power
Fish passing game and footwork

The Lindsay Smith in NSW Cup had a passing game - granted we have yet to see it.

Kiks and Spencer were our points of difference, Clearly we can't replace that but we can find something different from that 4th middle

Luke Bowden

First Grade
They do and that my issue with the way the side is construction to many of the same style.

Moses adds hitting power
Fish passing game and footwork

The Lindsay Smith in NSW Cup had a passing game - granted we have yet to see it.

Kiks and Spencer were our points of difference, Clearly we can't replace that but we can find something different from that 4th middle
How was Spencer a point of difference?

He use to come on an run hard at forwards who had be pumped by our starting front row. If you don’t think we can replace that, we are in trouble.

betcats

Referee
Not many have Spencer’s explosiveness with the ball and he could hit but his work rate defensively wasn’t great, would be slow back into the line and to get to marker.

betcats

Referee
I reckon Lindsay has earned the start. I think Ivan will lean toward huth coming in but if fish is out for a couple weeks it’s a good time in the season to blood someone and see if they can make the step up. Geyers been 18th or 19th man the last couple weeks they must see something in him, let’s give him a crack. At home round 3 it’s a good time for a debut

Bob

Juniors

From the SMH​

Around the clubs: Penrith prop Fisher-Harris cleared of serious injury​

By Adam Pengilly, Dan Walsh and Adrian Proszenko

Updated March 17, 2024 — 6.24pmfirst published March 12, 2024 — 10.20am

Penrith prop James Fisher-Harris has been cleared of a serious shoulder injury that restricted him to just 24 minutes in Friday night’s win over Parramatta.
There were grave concerns Fisher-Harris might be sidelined for months, if not the season, after picking up the shoulder injury against the Eels, but scans on Sunday have provided Penrith with a huge boost ahead of the grand final rematch against Brisbane on Thursday.

Panthers enforcer avoids serious damage​

James Fisher-Harris has given the Panthers some relief after it was revealed he won't be out long-term due to injury.
Scans have shown no structural damage to Fisher-Harris’ shoulder and has left the club optimistic about his recovery time.
He’s in significant doubt for Friday’s game against Brisbane given the pain associated with the knock he picked up in the win over the Eels.

The Broncos will be without halfback Adam Reynolds (knee), while coach Kevin Walters has said prop Payne Haas is also in doubt with a knee issue of his own.
Panthers enforcer James Fisher-Harris.

Iamback

Coach
Not many have Spencer’s explosiveness with the ball and he could hit but his work rate defensively wasn’t great, would be slow back into the line and to get to marker.

This.

We have guys that barely miss a tackle and a elite defenders, No one who can skittle defences. He also has a fast play the ball on the back of it

Girds89

Bench
Did anyone watch Cup on Friday? How did Mav,Riki,Grant,Lisati go?

Grant was easily the pick of the bunch. Hes opening 20 he was in everything.

Riki and geyer were pretty quiet.

Lisati went ok whe he got on.

Mav honestly played the 80 but was a bit of a ghost..dont know what his stats were but every time we got the ball he seemed to walk out to the wing for a breather. Took minimal hit ups..no power. Really needs to show something soon

globalpanther

Juniors

Mav honestly played the 80 but was a bit of a ghost..dont know what his stats were but every time we got the ball he seemed to walk out to the wing for a breather. Took minimal hit ups..no power. Really needs to show something soon
Grant could be smoky. Give us 20-25 mins. I know Storm fans were upset when he wasn’t re-signed & he’s been Man of the match last 2 yrs in Q Cup GF

Iamback

Coach
Grant could be smoky. Give us 20-25 mins. I know Storm fans were upset when he wasn’t re-signed & he’s been Man of the match last 2 yrs in Q Cup GF

There was a phase early on where we kept doing stupid things.

There was a shit pass and some errors he told the side,

'This is f**ken stupid, We are carving them up forget the stupid shit'

2 tackles later he forced a mistake, Then took 2 hit ups the next set.

That is the sort of stuff that will be valuable when the Origin guys are out

Iamback

Coach

Alamoti's power especially for his 2nd try, Is promising especially if he has trimmed down to handle stuff defensively